Friday, January 9, 2009

The Nuts and Bolts of Following Through on My New Years Intentions

Living Room Yoga is launching its 2009 “Heal Yourself, Heal the World” campaign. Its premise is that each aspect of our being that remains unhealed negatively affects not only ourselves but everyone with whom we interact AND everyone with whom they interact, and so on. Conversely (and fortunately), healing our wounded parts reverberates positive change into the world in the same fashion. To illustrate, a few years ago I had an ingrown toenail. Such a small thing, but its affect on my walking and yoga practice led to muscle pain and dysfunction throughout my body. Its interference with my sleep affected my interactions with others, which most assuredly affected their interactions with others as well. If a tiny ingrown toenail can influence the world in such a way, what power does a quick temper have? Or a general lack of kindness? Or an irrational fear? Or anxiety? With a new president in office it is easy to look outside of ourselves for solutions to world problems. I propose instead that each of us accept responsibility for being a catalyst for change by setting an intention on healing one aspect of the self. I say “setting an intention” because it is not about judging, striving, pushing, or desperately seeking. It is simply about keeping our healing at the forefront of our minds as we work, love, play, practice our yoga, get groceries, clean our house … live our lives. Personally, my intention is to heal the part of myself that compels me to strive and push through rather than move more with the flow of life. I would love to hear what you would like to heal this year … I am trying to figure out how to allow postings on my website, but for now, just email me at stacy@livingroomyoga.biz.
So as a business owner with lots and lots of endless tasks to do, how do I stop striving and pushing and let things flow. I am simply not sure. But I think when I begn to get that adrenaline-induced feeling inside that may be a clue to walk away from what I am doing and take a break. I will start there anyway. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment