Friday, January 30, 2009

Why is it so hard being a grown-up?


Today I had to do a hard thing. I had to cut the hours of my only employee. She has been the most loyal, devoted, and committed person. It was painful. We both cried. I am hoping adapting to the economic times will allow me to stay open and serving my students. I keep telling myself if it is right for me to stay in business I will. I have done my best. I have tried to make good decisions that are both economically sounds and fair to all concerned. I have tried to create something special, a healing place for people, including me. I think I have succeeded greatly - so many special people are a part of our yoga community. But some simply cannot afford our services anyomore. I am trying to stay the course, keep a positive outlook. I have so much to be grateful for - I have had the privilege of witnessing so much growth and change in the last five years. I hope my cost cutting measures will be enough... I am sad today but also ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment